Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next Generation Firewalls Data Sheet
Cisco ASA 5545-X Firewall Edition; includes firewall services, 2500 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, 8 copper GE data ports, 1 copper GE management port, 1 AC power supply, Active/Active high availability, 2 security contexts, DES license.
Cisco® ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls integrate the world’s most proven stateful inspection firewall with a comprehensive suite of next-generation firewall services for networks of all sizes - small and midsize businesses with one or more locations, large enterprises, service providers, and mission-critical data centers. Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls deliver Cisco MultiScale™ performance with industry-leading service flexibility, modular scalability, feature extensibility, and low deployment and operation costs.
Features and Benefits:
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls are designed to meet the network, budget, and performance needs of small offices while delivering enterprise-strength security. Available in a wide range of sizes, all models deliver the same level of security that protects the networks of some of the largest and most security-conscious companies in the world. They also provide next-generation firewall services such as Cisco Application Visibility and Control, web security, botnet filtering and intrusion prevention, so you can take advantage of new applications and devices without compromising security.
Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls for small offices and branch locations protect critical assets through:
- Exceptional next-generation firewall services that provide the visibility and detailed control that your enterprise needs to safely take advantage of new applications and devices;
- Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) to control specific behaviors within allowed microapplications;
- Cisco Web Security Essentials (WSE) to restrict web and web application use based on the reputation of a site;
- Broad and deep network security through an array of integrated cloud- and software-based next-generation firewall services backed by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO);
- A highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS) with Cisco Global Correlation;
- A high-performance VPN and always-on remote access;
- The ability to enable additional security services quickly and easily in response to changing needs.
Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next Generation Firewalls
The Cisco ASA 5512-X, 5515-X, 5525-X, 5545-X, and 5555-X are next-generation firewalls that combine the most widely deployed stateful inspection firewall in the industry with a comprehensive suite of next-generation network security services - for comprehensive security without compromise. They provide multiple security services and redundant power supplies and enable consistent security enforcement throughout the organization. In addition to comprehensive stateful inspection firewall capabilities, optional features include integrated cloud- and software-based security services - Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC), Cisco Web Security Essentials (WSE), Cisco Cloud Web Security (CWS), and IPS. Cisco Next-Generation Firewalls are managed by Cisco Prime Security Manger. These models range in their performance and throughput capabilities not only in the hardware platforms but also in the services and number of users that can be supported on each model. Depending on the customer requirements and performance needs, they can be deployed at small office, Internet edge, and even data center locations.
This series of next-generation firewalls is built on the same proven security platform as the rest of the ASA Family of firewalls and delivers exceptional application visibility and control along with superior performance and operational efficiency. These firewalls provide next-generation services that make it possible to take advantage of new applications and devices without compromising security. Unlike other firewalls, the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series keeps pace with rapidly evolving needs by offering end-to-end network intelligence gained from combining the visibility of local traffic with in-depth global network intelligence. The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series is supported by:
- Cisco TrustSec® technology;
- Cisco AnyConnect® Secure Mobility Solution for unique mobile client insight;
- Cisco SIO for near-real-time threat information and proactive protection;
- Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall Services.