Built for Security, IoT, Mobility, and Cloud
Advanced persistent security threats, the exponential growth of the Internet of Things (IoT) devices, mobility everywhere and cloud adoption require a network fabric that integrates advanced hardware and software innovations to automate, secure, and simplify customer networks. The goal of this network fabric is to enable customer revenue growth by accelerating business service rollout.
The Cisco® Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA™) with Software Defined Access (SD-Access) is the most advanced network fabric to power customer business. Cisco DNA is an open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies your enterprise network operations. The programmable architecture frees your IT staff from time-consuming, repetitive network configuration tasks so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms your business. SD‑Access enables policy-based automation from edge to cloud with foundational capabilities that include:
- Simplified device deployment
- Unified management of wired and wireless networks
- Network virtualization and segmentation
- Group-based policies
- Context-based analytics
The Cisco Catalyst® 9400 Series is Cisco’s lead modular enterprise switching access platform built for security, IoT and cloud. This switch series forms the foundational building blocks for SD-Access ― Cisco’s leading enterprise architecture. The platform provides unparalleled investment protection with a chassis architecture that is capable of supporting up to 9Tbps of system bandwidth and unmatched power delivery for high density IEEE 802.3BT (60W PoE). Redundancy is now table stakes across the portfolio. The Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series delivers state-of-the-art High Availability (HA) with capabilities like SSO/NSF, uplink resiliency, N+1/N+N redundancy for power supplies. The platform is enterprise optimized with an innovative dual‑serviceable fan tray design, side to side airflow and is closet-friendly with ~16” depth. A single system can scale up to 384 access ports with your choice of 1G copper, Cisco UPOE® and PoE+ options. The platform also supports advanced routing and infrastructure services, SD-Access capabilities and network system virtualization. These features enable optional placement of the platform in the core and aggregation layers of small to medium-sized campus environments.
The UPOE line card supports PoE, PoE+, and Cisco UPOE to deliver 15W, 30W, or 60W to the access point. 60W of inline power can power more devices―including IP phones, IPTVs, surveillance cameras, virtual desktop clients, and many others―without having to install extra wall or ceiling circuits while taking advantage of advanced power management capabilities such as Cisco EnergyWise.
- 10/100/1000 module (RJ-45)
- Supported on Cisco IOS XE Software Release 16.6.1 or later
- Cisco UPOE is enabled, capable of up to 60W on all ports in the line card
- Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
- IEEE 802.3af/at and Cisco pre-standard PoE
- IEEE 802.1AE and Cisco TrustSec capability in hardware (software roadmap)
- Hardware ready for IEEE1588/802.1AS and PTP used for time synchronization across the network for applications such as video and audio (software roadmap)
- Layer 2 to Layer 4 Jumbo Frame support up to 9198 bytes
- Enterprise and commercial design to power next-generation IP phones, wireless base stations, video cameras, virtual desktop clients, and other PoE and Cisco UPOE devices
- Ideal for campus and branch applications requiring enhanced performance for large file transfers and network backups